Helping Non-experts Thrive as Web Managers
Notes from heweb16
October 16, 2016
Copy and Paste Is Easy, but Let’s Make Your Site Shine: Helping Non-experts Thrive as Web Managers
Presented By Joe Vickless, Duquesne University
- Start with a 3 - 5 minute warm up: set expectations, mentally prepare learners, and set the tone.
- Instill confidence: keep instructions simple, start with easy tasks and build on that.
- Participation: check for understanding, allow people to make mistakes, and create opportunities for participants to learn from each other.
- Follow up by sending an email to participants after the training.
I’m curious how to balance keeping things simple while also convincing users to carry out the larger strategy. Vickless spoke about how content managers may have unaligned goals. That is also my experience. So I spend a large portion of the training on non-technical aspects - strategy, goals, and approach.
- Nicely Said
- Style - Lessons in Clarity and Grace
- Bird by Bird
My Follow Up Actions
- Start training with basic tasks
- Send out follow up emails
Attend my presentation on Design for CMS on Tuesday at 8:30am.