Election Day 2020
Apply for an absentee ballot, learn about early voting, and other election resources
August 29, 2020
Vote for President, Congress, State Senator, State Assembly, and more.
Register to Vote and Update Your Registration
Register to vote with the voter registration form.
If you have moved, update your registration with a new registration form.
Political Party and Primary Election
Registering for a political party allows you to vote in that party’s primary election. Update your party affiliation with a new registration form.
Check Voting Status
voterlookup.elections.ny.gov or contact the Board of Elections.
Get an Absentee Ballot
Due to COVID, every eligible voter may vote by absentee ballot. To vote absentee, you must first apply for an absentee ballot.
Deadlines and Schedule
- October 9: Last day to register to vote for the general election
- October 24 – November 1: Early Voting at 401 State Street
- October 26: Deadline for Board of Elections to receive absentee ballot application - if ballot will be mailed to the voter
- November 2: Last day to apply in person for an absentee ballot
- November 3: General Election, polls open 6 AM - 9 PM
Election Day polling locations may change due to Coronavirus.
Vote Early at 401 State Street
- Saturday, October 24: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Sunday, October 25: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Monday, October 26: noon - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 27: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 28: Noon - 8:00 PM
- Thursday, October 29: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday, October 30: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, October 31: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Sunday, November 1: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Become a Poll Worker
The Board of Elections is looking for qualified voters to serve as Poll Inspectors. It’s a great way to earn extra money while helping the community to vote.
Columbia County Board of Elections
Contact the Board with voting questions and for forms. Forms can be mailed or emailed by request.